Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Bowling & Laser Tag

24th:

Today was host scheme night, which was something that MSA (Monash Student Association) hosted, but you had to buy tickets and the other option was BOWLING! I don't know how long it had been since I had went bowling!

We actually walked over to go to bowling, but I couldn't tell you where it was because I wasn't paying much attention to what direction we went. This night was free to Residence. We each received three free tickets to either play one game of bowling or one game of laser tag per ticket. And we got 5 coins to use on arcade games such as wack-a-mole earning us tickets to get junk or table hockey.

Since residence from all of the halls were invited, the line was out the door, and no one knew which line was for what. I was so excited and full of adrenaline. I had never played laser tag until today. I liked how all of the vests/laser guns had names. I picked Thor. I did a terrible job, but I didn't care. I had a lot of fun. My friend Talli got the highest score! She's a bit of a pro though.

We took a break after getting out of breath from all of our dodging and shooting. I ended up with a discounted ice cream on a stick. It was already melted. I regretted that move, but I was so thirsty I slurped it up in the wrapper.

Talli urged me into a round of table hockey with her. After, an initial reluctance, we ended up being well matched. It seemed that ever other shot was hit by the other. She one by one point. It was a good game. We shook hands.

Talli refused to play a round of bowling, but I spoke with Icha, Nad, and Muku. Icha and Nad are from Malaysia and Muku from South Africa. Muku didn't want to play, yet I know she left their having had fun, even if her score ended up being the lowest of the four.

I personally was scoring terribly at first. I didn't hit a single pin on the first round. Then, a trend began were about every three terrible hands I would get a STRIKE! Even though my overall score was bad, I don't think I have ever scored three strikes in one game before.

No comments:

Post a Comment